Filter cloth selection is one of the key variables in the optimization of any filter press or rotary vacuum precoat filter. Critical considerations include the cloth’s resistance to blinding, ease of filter cake discharge, resistance to chemical attack, thermal properties, abrasion resistance, particle retention, and more.
Factors to consider in choosing the best filter cloth for your application, all having an impact upon filter cycle time and cloth life, are:
- Fiber material such as polyester, polypropylene, and cotton
- Weave pattern
- Weight per square yard of the fabric
- Frazier air permeability measured in CFM by ASTM Method D-737-96
General Filtration can supply cloths of any size, and for any application. Contact us with your requirements.
- Many types available to suit all applications
- Proper filter cloth selection can eliminate the need for filter powder precoat
Ready to order?
Contact us today and let us help you with your filtration requirements. Our filtration experts can help you choose the right filter for your application.Get a Quote
or call 1-888-233-1969